The modern kitchen is rarely stylish and practical at the same time, the reason for this – a small area. Nevertheless, with the help of small tricks, you can visually increase the room, while achieving both comfort and coziness.
1. In the interior of the kitchen is better to focus on the monotony of the tones. The cabinets are visually lost on the background of the walls, painted in the same color, so space will seem bigger. The white color is the best choice in the design of a small kitchen.
2. Rationally use the space of walls. Replace the shelves with classic vertical cabinets. High narrow canisters assume more space for storage of utensils, because of what the situation will be more orderly. The only condition is that they should be convenient for them, and they should not touch the fridge or the curtains with the doors.
3. To optimize space in a small kitchen, shelves can be installed above the dining table, or above or below the window. Decorative vases or small items on the shelves (jars of spices, glasses, mugs) should be placed where they are most often used.
4. Small forms of household appliances are more effective than large and bulky ones. If you want to supplement the interior with a stove with six burners and a large oven, do not forget that this model will be sharply dissonant in a small kitchen, space will shrink. An alternative option is to replace the cumbersome model with a stove and oven that can be installed separately, depending on the design of the furniture. Thus, under the stove built into the countertop, you can design a cupboard for dishes.
5. Place the mirrors in the kitchen. This is one of the tricks that designers recommend. So the interior of the kitchen will appear not only more but also much brighter.
6. Be sure to consider the local lighting system, since it is proved that in a room with a single lamp, there is always a shortage of light, and in the corners, it is constantly dark. For example, in addition to the classic lighting, in the washing zone, it is not superfluous to install a luminaire, and narrow sconces can be placed on the sides of the window.